Truck and Trailer repairs, CVIP licensed facility, located in Acheson
Silver Mechanical Services (2013) Ltd. is looking for a full time Journeyman or Apprentice Heavy Duty Technician. At Silver Mechanical, we service and maintain customer equipment with pride and confidence. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, a clean and safe work environment, and want to enjoy a healthy work-life balance, then this may be the opportunity for you. Salary from $42.00 - $45.00 per hour depending on experience.
Under the Service Manager, a Journeyman or Apprentice Heavy Duty Technician will perform skilled work in adjustment, maintenance and repair of heavy duty trucks and trailers as assigned by the Service Manager. Some of the duties will include, but are not limited to:
· Obtaining work orders from the Service Manager and reviewing them to ensure understanding.
· Interpreting work orders and technical manuals. Diagnosing the source of any faults and malfunctions and performing repairs.
· Performing work as noted on work order and repairing or replacing defective parts, components or systems with accuracy and efficiency.
· Examining vehicles to determine if additional safety or service work is needed.
· Testing repaired vehicles for proper performance to ensure that completed work meets manufacturer’s specifications and legislated regulations.
· Completing detailed written reports for the completion of work orders.
· Completing preventive maintenance checks and diagnostic work on trucks and trailers.
· Troubleshooting, repairing and overhauling engines, aftertreatment systems, transmissions, brakes, driveline components, electrical components and hydraulic systems.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· Journeyman or Apprentice Heavy Duty Technician certification.
· Minimum of 3 years related industry experience.
· CVIP License considered an asset.
· Valid Class 5 Drivers License and reliable transportation. Valid Class 3 Drivers License considered an asset.
· Strong engine, electrical and aftertreatment diagnostic and troubleshooting skills.
· Must have their own tools.
· Excellent attention to detail with a sense or urgency to meet tight deadlines.
· Ability to perform engine mechanical repairs.
· Ability to perform inspections and detailed diagnostics.
· Ability to plan and prioritize work and material requirements and operate independently.
· Ability to read and understand written instructions, write job reports, work order summaries and other record keeping functions.
· Ability to work effectively in a team environment, demonstrate self-control under pressure, exercise good judgment and conduct himself in a professional manner.
· Must be physically fit and able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
· Ability to perform duties in all weather conditions.
· Demonstrate a full understanding of all relevant safety and compliance regulations, policies and generally accepted work practices relating to on-road Truck/Trailer shop operations.
· Ability to estimate the materials required to complete the job in a smart, cost-effective way.
· Ability to complete paperwork for inspections, authorizations forms and provincial certification forms manually.
· Boot and Tool Allowance
· Health and Dental Plan
· Long-Term Disability Insurance
· Employee Assistance Program
· Extended Health Care
· Life Insurance
· On-Site Parking
· Paid Time Off
· Week Ends Off
· RRSP Matching
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Vision Care
· Wellness Program
· Health Spending Account
Did you "fall" behind on your maintenance and repairs? Call us to book your appointment.